Sunday 22 March 2009

Some of my latest Poppicraft cards

I love crafting for Michelle of Poppicrafts - she is so encouraging and positive, and doesn't mind if things are a little different. Rare gifts, I think.
Above are two of my new cards for her lovely shop - you can see more and creations by others of Michelle's design team over on the Poppicrafts site.

The both cards have been made incorporating the challenge ribbon Michelle sent me a few weeks ago - remember? I used it to make wings in the first card and a picket fence in the second - I think that qualifies as an unusual way to use my ribbon!
For the 'Bugs and Blooms' card, I have also used Poppicraft blooms, buttons and petals cut from a chipboard flower to make the bodies. The stems are stitched - I love doing this, and you will no doubt notice it on my cards again, and again...
In addition to the ribbon, the New Home card incorporates a gold spiral embellishment (it makes a prefect sun don't you think?) and felt floral ribbon, sniped to fit as bushes around the house - all from you know where!
Other card details are below as usual, but before I go:
Remember to enter your card into the fab
Be brave, be creative and send your creation
to Michelle now :)
I can't wait to see what you can do.
Sx
Bugs and Blooms:
Background papers:
‘Lazy Days’ kit by Weeds & Wildflowers
Dovecraft chalk, DMC threads, black pen and craft wire.
New Home:
House image & papers to make stone path:
‘Happy Place’ kit by Fee Jardine
Green paper: Pink Petticoat
Cloud papers: ‘Beautiful Day’ papers by Sarah Grimwood
Rub-ons: Doodlebug Designs
Gems in the flower centres are from my local craft shop.

No comments: