Tuesday 4 November 2008

Digital cards

I thought you might like to see two 'cards' I recently made. I put them together using digital papers and elements in Photoshop - though I have used Word reasonably successfully in the past - my main niggle with Word is it can be difficult to angle elements.

The first is an invitation for my son's birthday party later this month. I printed the image out as postcards for each child. I'm really pleased with how it has turned out - and will definitely make postcard invitations like this again, especially for young children.

The second is a digital card I'm sending to the son of a friend. It has been a little experiment to see if I like this means of card making. Truth be told, whilst it was fun messing about with the images on screen, I didn't find it nearly as enjoyable to make as the more tactile cards I usually produce.

I do plan to have a go at digital scrapbooking, but as for cards... I'm going to continue to print and play as usual!

Sx

Invite:
All elements and paper (except fancy dressers):
Nitwit Collections
Fancy dressers:
Kate Hadfield
Font: MA Googly Bear by
Digital Design Essentials

Pirate card:
Pirate, ship, hat and map: Kate Hadfield

All other elements and sky paper:
Kay Miller Designs (Dino-mania, The Blue Lagoon & Jungle Boogie kits)
Sparkly felt paper by
Two Sister Designs

1 comment:

Backyard Design Metairie said...

Thank you for sharing thhis