Thursday 6 November 2008

Daring Card Makers: Scaredy Pants challenge

Ok, so may be Halloween was so last week, but here is a cute and spooky card regardless. It is my entry to the current challenge by the Daring Card Makers.

The spider image originally came with its own legs, but I ruthlessly (!) chopped them off and added wire ones which can be bent into any configuration - I also added a blob of diamond glaze for a more 3D nose (do spiders have noses?). I really like my 'boo' too - though I do think the web I stitched should maybe be a little thicker or darker... I live and learn.

I'm really enjoying the challenges I'm starting to enter - keeps me on my creative toes! Thanks for the encouragement, Dawny.

Have a good day!

Sx

Spider & papers: Nitwits ('Can I be Frank' & 'Eeriesistable' kits respectively); Sequins: Doodlebug Designs; Bloom: Poppicrafts; Sheer ribbon: Ribbon Oasis; Other products: Stickles, craft wire, free alphabet beads, DMC thread, Diamond Glaze.

1 comment:

Phree said...

Love your fun take on halloween.