Saturday 13 December 2008

Runner-up! ...and lots to say.

I had intended to mention this on Thursday, but somehow its now Saturday, and I'm not very sure how I lost the time - I was lovely and organised for Christmas, but now I'm in a bit of a spin about it!

Anyway, my good news: I am a runner up in this years Card Maker of the Year Competition, with the wonderful Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine! Hooray for me - I'm feeling quite proud of myself - but determined to be back next year to win it, so look out! The winner (Kath Stewart - you should check out her lovely designs) and all the runners up are in issue 53 of the magazine. The card of mine that was shown was called 'Party Girl'.

Believe it or not, this was the first time ever I forgot to take pics of my cards before sending them out. Two of the cards (the published one and one I called 'Us') were second incarnations so I have pics of my first attempts, but the third was completely new for the competition - complete with a little pic of my son on... Heed my bitter lesson, everyone!

This is the first incarnation of 'Party Girl' - the competition entry was even more girly (this original card was made as a commission for my brother again - hence less frills!). Forgive the rubbish pic, please! Do you like my home-made 'cocktail list' paper?

The next card was made for a friend to give to her sister for her 40th - I redesigned my competition entry to have 'Us' on the front. The sentiment at the bottom says: "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful". This is a Mae West quote and I love it!

I love the paper and '40' - all from The Shabby Shoppe 'Wild Love' kit. They are having a sale this weekend too...

As I said, there is no pic or forerunner of my last card, which again used papers from the Shabby Shoppe, and was scrapbook-ish and messy in a cute way (I thought!), but this was the picture of my son. The card was called 'Big Kiss' - you can guess why:

My boy just can't help being cute....

Enjoy your day.

Sx

Cocktail Card: Background paper made/ designed by me using MA Googly Bear font again!; Heart & dotty paper by Kay Miller Designs (Love Bug kit); Cocktail drink paper by Karen Foster Designs; Pink starry paper by Grazieli Niclass aka Lili of ScrapArtist.com (Once Upon a Time kit), Bloom from Poppicrafts, black card and free gem.

40th: Black background paper by Nancy Kubo, All other paper and alpha by The Shabby Princess, organza ribbon from Ribbon Oasis, Silk flower and button by Doodlebug Design, wire, beads and other elements from local craft shop. Quote by Mae West!

2 comments:

tiggertastic said...

wow what a fab card, and yes i love the cocktail paper it is stunning, wish i could do that

Sarah xx

Liz Armstrong said...

Wow congratulations Sara!
And your 'cocktail list' paper is fab!
Liz
xx