Friday 24 April 2009

Feeling Springy

The sun is shining, for once I'm organised enough that my washing line is full of clothes blowing in the breeze and I'm feeling quite content with the world... it must be Spring!

I love my little dragonfly on the card above. He's based on a template by MissTiina, but I made his wings out of petals from paper blooms. I think they worked beautifully :)

I was feeling soooo pleased with the result that I made the hanging decorations below for my Easter tree - but they would make a perfect mobile addition too (hummm, I think that may be a near-future project!):
I made the decorations a little more robust by laminating them.

I'm off to sit in the sun and read the final book of the Twilight series - I just couldn't resist the hype about them...

Sx

PS Don't forget to check out the latest challenge at Poppicrafts! Its all about using skinny/ thin ribbon and you could earn yourself £20 vouchers - just think of all the dragonfly wings that would make...

Dragonfly template: MissTiina (at Funky Playground Designs)
Blooms: Poppicrafts
B&W border, flower paper and alpha background paper: Pink Petticoat
Blue spotty paper: ‘Flip’ kit from TADA

Acrylic alpha: Shawna Clingerman (at Sweet Shoppe Designs)
Pink gem & rub-ons: Doodlebug Designs

No comments: