Thursday 30 October 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

It's my Dad's birthday on Monday, and this is the card I've made for him. A little flowery, but in Autumnal colours so I think he'll like it. I used sticky foam pads to raise various parts of the foliage to give a 3d feel to it - and added seed beads too. I love using them as accents - I only have clear, black, blue and pink ones and to date they have sufficed for all my creations, but my collection will increase I have no doubt!

I've almost survived half-term, though my son is being a bit of a pain. Its been harder work than the summer holidays for some reason. Its good job he's so cute....

I received a wonderful pick-me-up in the post yesterday. I had ordered the mini blooms from
Poppicrafts, and oh my, the pictures just didn't do these lovely creations justice! You must indulge when Michelle is back from holiday on Monday!

Finally - and please excuse my appalling photography - a small taste of the cards I recently made for Poppicrafts. They will be appearing in full on Michelle's web site in the near future:

Happy Haunting for tomorrow!

Sx

Paper: Amber Clegg Designs at The Lilypad; Flowers & leaves: Kate Hadfield Designs, Font: Rebecca's Birthday; Seed beads, black card & paper: local craft shop


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love this card - it is just so happy!!! Like the little sneaky peaks - I now what they really look like..haha....
I had a look at PInk cake box website and decided to tell myself that they must taste horrible - Only because they look so gorgeous and i started drooling and wanted to order one immediately - yum!! and the designs are just fantastic.
Happy halloween hope your little lad has fun,
Mich
x