Tuesday 26 May 2009

A new team, two cards and warm water

Back again - finally! We had a lovely week away and then a manic week back home catching up - plus I started my few weeks of work at our son's school (covering medical leave). The pay isn't at all great - but it should help towards my embellishment addiction and maybe a little towards paying for the gym membership I've just taken out!

Let me catch you up with a card or two I've recently made:


There was a recent challenge to make a windmill card over at the Sweet Shoppe (complete with instructions by Andrea), and this was my take. I love the colours I chose - so girly and just right for my niece. I made the challenge extra fiddly for myself by having the bright idea (!) to make mini windmills, rather than one large one, but it has worked beautifully so I will be doing this again 'cos its such a nice idea.

I designed this next card to be a simple one to construct, after assembling all the digital elements in Photoshop and printing out:

I printed the lion banner twice, so that I could select certain areas to layer up (such as the lion's head and the balloons). Inking has yet again added definition, don't you think? As you can see, I printed the image a third time, but at a reduced size, for a quick tag.

All the papers and digi-elements from these cards are from kits by Heather Roselli - who has very kindly invited me to be part of her design team! A very big and excited toot, toot for me :)

I am hoping to make the lion and banner a give-away on Heather's team blog sometime in the near future. I'll let you know....

I can't begin to describe how happy (and constantly surprised!) I am at all the faith in my work shown by these incredibly talented people. Makes me feel very humble - thank you to them all again, and again...
I have definitely decided that 4 full time teams is my limit, especially with working (just a little) and the Summer holidays coming up, when crafting time will be rather limited and precious! ...but may be I can wrangle a guest spot in another team now and again. I live for the variety and challenge!

Have you investigated the digi-worlds of scrapping and creating yet? If not, you must!!! Imagine: unlimited access to papers and elements you love, with ideas for what ribbon/ buttons etc will coordinate with the kit. I know I'm part of the team over at Digiscrap Addicts, but honestly, even I am totally in awe of the scale of ideas, suggestions, friendship, coupons and freebies that are on offer there. All you do is register (FREE!), and you can access some beautiful kits and gallery inspiration - but don't forget to check out the general forums too - they are truly multinational and very welcoming :)

Be brave, stick your toe in - the water's fine, trust me!
I promise to be back soon!
Sx
Windmill card:
Made using 'Girls and Dolls' - Heather Roselli (here at Sweet Shoppe Designs)
Sugar coated brads and rub-on alpha - Doodlebug Designs
Dovecraft chalks
Grrreat birthday card:
Made using 'Life's a Circus' - Heather Roselli (here at Sweet Shoppe Designs)
Ricrac - Doodlebug Designs
Ranger Stickles glitter glue, ink, freebie stars

1 comment:

with love by mushy said...

I just love your cards! I need time to start making some, thanks for the inspiration :)