Monday 12 January 2009

Candy cane 40th


...or my take on a card for an almost 40 year old Southampton supporter! I was asked by a lovely friend to make a 40th Birthday card for her husband - and the only thing she mentioned was that he follows Southampton - et voila! I'm not particularly into football, and had to Google the appropriate colours for this card, and on principal I did not want to include a football (even though I do have some themed brads!).

I've been longing to play with(real)tags since drooling over the digital tag designs available from TADA, and I think it adds some fun to the card.

Its weired, but I do find it so difficult to make cards for specific people - especially for ones I know on behalf of others I know (is that too confusing?) - anyway, I did struggle to start this card.

My friend Claire has also asked me to make three other 40th, one 50th and a handful of general birthday cards. My biggest commission! ...I just really hope she likes the results 'cos I value her opinion so much (and her custom:)).

I have also been been in card-making Paradise on behalf of Poppicrafts. Michelle has asked for 5 more cards from me (I must be doing something right!) and I've had fun again trying to use some of her products in alternative ways to what they were originally designed for. I can't wait for you to see them in a couple of weeks on her site (but I think I will add a sneaky peaky here soon!).

Have a good week.

Sx

Numbers: Kate Hadfield (Candy Cane numbers)
Paper: Made by me using Photoshop!
Cake brad & bloom: Poppicrafts
Rub-ons, sugar-coated card stock, ric-rac, flock brad & sequins: Doodlebug Designs

Stickles glitter glue
Dovecraft chalks
Stick on pearls: Lakeland Ltd
Other items from local craft store

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Sara,
Of course things could be worse, but sometimes things get on top of us dont they, and as they say it never rains but it pours. I hope things are better for you soon. Loving the brightness of the red and white - well done!!! and of course your cardmaking is fab!!! I love having you on the team!.
Hugs to you and yours,
Mich
xx