Sunday 18 April 2010

Spring flowers and Chinese take-away

We are having beautifully sunny weekend here in the UK - I have washing drying in the warm, gentle breeze, my son is happily surveying his kingdom from the top of his climbing frame and even my husband is in a good mood! All is well, in my little corner of the world :)

I wanted to share the card above with you today 'cos it such a nice Spring day, and it was made with a sweet kit called 'Touch of Spring' from the lovely ladies of Polka Dot Plum designs! I made it for the April edition of The Fix, from DigiScrap Addicts - which includes this kit and an additional three others too. Bargain, and well worth checking out, ladies and gentlemen!

The card was made using my Sizzix Big Shot and template to cut the vase out, though I really do think you could achieve a similar look using sticky foam pads.
All the flowers were from the kit; I just printed and snipped them out then dusted the edges with pink chalk. The tag is actually a journalling element from the kit, but it works prefectly as a tag too, don't you think?

Chalk is definitely my favourite colouring medium - I love the delicate hint of colour it gives, plus I never seem to be able to get an even, neat flow of colour when I use pens, though I am very willing to concede it is simply because I don't practice enough with them!

On to other things...

I subscribe to the weekly newsletter from Scrap Orchard, and was very sorry to read that both Megan Turnidge and Yari of Jady Day Studios were retiring from designing. Their creations are just lovely, and I'm sorry to see them both go. On the good side for we consumers, they are both having fantastic retirement sales, and I highly recommend indulging! Oh, don't miss out on picking up a Megan's hybrid templates - they're a real bargain. I made these with her takeaway box template:

...all decorated with Kate Hadfield's gorgeous Chinese Zodiac doodles (but if you like what you see in the photo, you can grab them all ready-to-print from here!).


Wishing you all sunshine and fluffy white clouds...


Sx

1 comment: